How to Book
This year the festival will run from 26 September to 13 October 2019. Full programme announced 30 July and public sale begins 15 August.
by phone +353 1 677 8899 (30 July-13 Oct)
online dublintheatrefestival.ie (29 May-13 Oct)
in person Dublin Theatre Festival Box Office, Festival House, 12 Essex Street East, Dublin 2 (30 July-13 Oct)
box office opening hours
Mon-Fri 10am-6pm (30 July-11 Oct)
Sat 10am-5pm (28 Sept-12 Oct)
Sun 12pm-3pm (29 Sept-13 Oct)
Become a Friend of the festival to avail of priority booking and discounted tickets.
Priority booking for Friends of the festival +353 1 673 0606 (30 July-13 Oct)
If you're thinking of joining us in 2019 as part of a group we'd love to hear from you! Throughout the past six decades we have welcomed artists and audiences from all over the world and this year is no different. We offer bespoke packages and special offers for visiting groups of ten or more. For details and to make your group booking phone +353 1 677 8439 or email email@example.com.
It is important for us to reach as wide an audience as possible with the work we stage each year. To facilitate access to festival events we offer a range of discounts and booking options across selected performances.
Discounts are available for senior citizens, Actors’ Equity, unwaged, and full-time students with a valid ID. These concession tickets can be booked in person, by phone or online. Please note that we cannot post concession tickets. These tickets may be collected from the Dublin Theatre Festival box office or from the venue on the day of the performance on presentation of a valid ID.
Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more patrons for most performances. For details on how to make your booking and to discuss bespoke festival packages for your visiting group email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 1 677 8439.
During the festival, our standby scheme offers a limited number of €10 tickets for selected shows on the day of the performance. Tickets can be purchased in person or by phone from 3pm – 5pm at the festival box office, on a first-come, first-served basis. Final Call tickets are announced daily on Facebook and Twitter during the festival.
Register your community organisation with us to avail of €10 tickets for selected performances. Welfare groups, registered charities, special needs groups and their carers, and parent support groups are all eligible for the scheme. Selected performances will be announced in early September, for more information please contact email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Please arrive on time. Latecomers will not be admitted and refunds are not available.
- Allow 30 mins before show time if you are collecting your tickets at the venue box office. If you already have your tickets we suggest arriving 15 minutes before performance start time.
- All sales are final. We have a policy of no refunds or exchanges on all tickets purchased.
- Please note that all offers are subject to availability.
- Booking fees are charged on online sales and phone sales at €1.50 per ticket, helping to cover the cost of our box office. These fees are not charged on concession priced tickets. No booking fee is charged on tickets purchased in person at Dublin Theatre Festival box office. Friends of the Festival are exempt from booking fees. A €1 postal fee will apply on all online sales posted to your address.
- All tickets prices for performances at the Gaiety Theatre are inclusive of €1 Gaiety Restoration Levy. The restoration levy allows Gaiety Theatre to invest in maintaining and enhancing the theatre to ensure that it continues to deliver the quality experience for theatre goers, actors, performers and producers.
- Management is not responsible for damage or loss of ticket after purchase and admission is by full ticket only. Management reserves the right to refuse admission and latecomers will not be admitted to the show.
- Smoking and any audio or visual recording are strictly prohibited in the auditorium.
- Management reserves the right to change the cast of performance in the event of unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- Ticketholders assume all risk of injury and property loss including destruction and theft, and release promoters, performers, sponsors, ticket outlets, venues and their employees for any liability thereafter.